In Nissan cars, there are three aspects that ensure passenger and driver safety- monitor, respond and protect.
The protect safety shield technologies include:
- Nissan Advanced Air Bag system: There are twin air bags apart from those in the front which are attached to the seat belt of the driver and the occupant. Based on the severity of the crash impact, the air bag deployment force is varied.
- Roof-Mounted Curtain Side Supplemental Airbags: These are a set of air bags that are deployed in the event of a side collision. These air bags protect the head and shoulder region, cushioning the force of impact.
- Front Seat –Mounted Side impact Supplemental Air Bags: These are fluidic airbag that change in direction when the front seat occupants move.
- LATCH system (Lower Anchor and Tethers for Children): When travelling with children, the LATCH system ensures that they are protected without locking clips or seat belts. When children are restrained by seat belts, the snug fit makes them uncomfortable, thus an alternative is required.
- Active Head Restraints: During a head-on or side collision, damages to the spine is inflicted by whiplash. The head restraints lock the head to minimize damages caused in these situations.
- SNUG Kids: Another safety feature for children is Snug Kids. Implementing a child restraint system is tricky given their smaller and delicate build. A first of its kind in the automobile industry, the Snug Kids comes with an installation manual to ensure that the unit is fixed.
For a demo of the safety features, visit Cardinale Nissan.
1661 Del Monte Blvd
Seaside, California 93955